Saturday 6 May 2017

Yaya

Who decides to give us rest, will a sail makes us thrill, our flight to change address, a skeletal frame, a map, some water, are we shrill, at the sight of early rain, maybe there's more to caress, than other nights to kill, or fix our battered compass, locate the punitive terrain, where we eat our fill, this last voyage to pray, shape our days at sea at best, fix our eyes beyond the rill, we will face each duress, if we're Black we won't egress, be devoured by floating Crill, by flame or water to confess, hunger drives the will. 7 poems She plys me first with vodka like a match stick on a sofa, my eyes fill with shame, in this space a firefly, a dingy bell drop cellar, then loosens first my collar, we sit side by side insane, my new friends are game, the difference in a dollar. Zanzibar i say 'they get me high', as if i'm on a plane, we thank the great divine, for all the blessings he entwines, the sound of rain, windmills spin on hills nearby, within this sense of ease she says I've had my time, the manner of being done, is itself a celebration, we were't allowed to lie. she is going home they will aid our search, throw away the rope, measure distance before we lurch, what messes with your head, they laugh, the dopes, sat in bars making bets, do they think of us as hurt, do they wish upon us death, recognize what's above ? my wrist around her glides, her body limpid, to lay upon the tide, with the herring gulls alone, their faces to the wind of someone else's purlieu, learn to dance don't get blue, ignore those cool untruths, give me just one more time. she dances on Hawaii, thats what she'd like to do How can we ever grow, /is this your last throw it reaches inside you again worms of the cemetery quarantine, resist just the same, they party every night, and you my lover throw, scenes down every lane, skim the lake with stones, each Sunday we know, when sunlight lifts the Poppies, we don't check the Escrow, or make promissory notes, far more than any keep, birds thrum their tune, she pulls at my traces, the moon is her nosegay it haunts her face, other shipwreck look for signs

No comments: